Congratulations on your engagement! As you dive into wedding planning, one of the exciting aspects to explore is crafting the perfect wedding stationery suite. Planning a wedding involves countless decisions, and one detail that often steals the spotlight is wedding stationery. (Since you're reading this blog, you probably already know that!) From invitations to guest favours, each element plays a unique role in shaping the ambiance of your big day. In this guide, we'll walk you through the various components of wedding stationery, helping you decide which ones are perfect for your celebration. Discover the charm of personalised, illustrated stationery and bespoke packages from www.creativebanterart.co.uk or the art of saving money by creating your own.
Personally, I don't like spending my hard earned money on things (or stationery) that will be thrown away in a few days. At Creative Banter, we create one of a kind artwork and bespoke stationery just for you, with the mindset of being recyclable. Whether that means digital stationery or reversible stationery... we have it all.
1. Save-the-Dates: Spreading the Word
Save-the-dates are the initial touchpoint for your guests, announcing your upcoming vows and ensuring they save it in their calendars. These cards typically include the couple's names, wedding date, and a brief message. Save-the-dates provide an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality as a couple and give guests a taste of the style and theme to expect at the wedding. There's so many unique ways to 'save the date'. Many couples choose to have them as magnets or post cards, or even designed like tickets or newspaper articles.
If you have a tight budget and don't see the point of save the dates, you're not alone. Many couples have opted for digital save the dates, or just sending their wedding invitations a bit earlier. Which brings us to the next and arguably most important element of wedding stationery...
2. Wedding Invitations: Setting the Tone
Wedding invitations are the crown jewel of your wedding stationery. They provide essential details such as the ceremony date, time, venue, and RSVP information, but can also include transport, accommodation, dress code and more. Invitations allow you to set the tone for your wedding, whether it's elegant and formal or quirky and relaxed. Consider them the ambassadors of your big day.
You can send digital invitations or post tangible ones, there's unlimited options and designs, from passport invitations to video invitations. Creative Banter offers a bespoke wedding package in which we create a unique design for you that the rest of your stationery can tie in with. Gold foiled, simplistic, elegant or completely unique, your bespoke illustrated invites are not just invitations; they're keepsakes that set the tone for your once in a lifetime celebration.
3. RSVP Cards: Collecting Confirmations
RSVP cards accompany the wedding invitations, providing guests with a convenient way to respond to the invitation. These cards typically include a pre-addressed and a stamped envelope, making it easy for guests to confirm their attendance. RSVP's are crucial for tracking guest count and meal preferences, ensuring that you can plan your celebration accordingly and provide a memorable experience for everyone, but they do not always have to be in the form of a card.
Wedding websites are free/low cost and a simple way of keeping track of your guests. If you are creating a wedding website but still want to have RSVP cards, we add a QR code to your cards for guests to virtually respond. This way, they can keep the card and actually remember what meals they asked for.
4. Order of Services: Guiding the Ceremony When the big day arrives, a lot of couples choose to have order of service print outs for their guests to keep. These ensure that your guests are engaged and informed throughout the ceremony with a well-designed booklet or card. It often includes the names of the bridal party, song lyrics and readings, and of course... the order of service. These can also be digital and emailed to your quests if you'd rather not spend extra cash. Printed order of services can sometimes look outdated, but when done right and in cohesion with the rest of your stationery, they can be a highlight.
5. Welcome Signs: Inviting Warmth and Hospitality Welcome signs add a personal touch to your venue entrance, inviting guests with warmth and charm. Guide them into the heart of your celebration with a beautifully crafted welcome sign. Many couples have made DIY signs using mirrors, chalk boards or wooden planks. Welcome signs come in a range of prices and designs also. Our illustrated welcome signs transform this necessity into a piece of art as they are double sided. Instead of throwing away your sign when you're finished, you can hang up a beautiful piece of art in your home.
6. Seating Plans: Ensuring Seamless Celebrations For guests to navigate the logistics of your reception effortlessly, a thoughtfully designed seating plan I would say, is needed. A seating plan has the names of all your guests, showing them which table they are seated at. Creative Banter likes to help your guests find their seats while showcasing your stunning wedding illustration. Our seating plans are also reversible, just like the welcome signs.
If you don't want a physical seating plan, why not send one digitally or have a QR code present for guests to scan and find their seat.
7. Guest Books: Capturing Cherished Moments Guest books are timeless treasures, capturing well-wishes and memories from your loved ones. At Creative Banter, we offer illustrated guest books and Frames for guests to sign. There's a number of ways for your guests to express their heartfelt messages, creating a keepsake you'll cherish for years to come. Such as retro phones that allow guests to create audible messages, or polaroid pictures that guests can sign. Some couples choose to have advice cards or have guests sign Jenga blocks instead. There's literally no limits.
8. Name Place Cards: Adding an Intimate Touch Name place cards not only organise your seating arrangements but also add an intimate touch to each guest's place setting. If you don't want a seating plan, you won't need name cards. But If you have opted to have a seating plan, name cards are recommended.
If you are trying to save money, consider printing or writing these name cards yourself.
9. Guest Favours: Tokens of Appreciation From small trinkets to edible treats, guest favours are a delightful gesture to show appreciation to your guests. Not only does it make your guests feel loved, but it can also be something for your guests to remember this day by. If you are on a tight budget, sweets or chocolates will always be appreciated. If you want to put a little more effort in, a quirky take goodie bags or an elegant trinket can make an impact. Even more so, personalised guest favours make a big statement. Though it costs more, personalising gifts with names or even guest illustrations is something that your guests will treasure for life. Our personalised illustrations make these favours uniquely yours, leaving a lasting impression on your loved ones.
10. Thank you cards: Final Words
Unfortunately, you may not get the chance to have a hearty conversation with everyone who attended your wedding. Thank you cards are a lovely way to acknowledge each and every person in the room with a token they can take away.
I encourage you to craft your story with Creative Banter Art. As you embark on the journey of wedding stationery, consider www.creativebanterart.co.uk your creative ally. Our personalised, illustrated designs add a touch of art to every element, helping you craft a wedding stationery suite that tells your unique love story. Explore our stationery or contact us directly and embark on the journey to create a bespoke package that reflects the beauty of your union. Your wedding stationery should be as unique as your love, and at Creative Banter Art, we're here to make that vision a reality.